Thursday, April 14, 2011

96/365 Wednesday 04/06/2011

Everything went smoothly on our trip back to Albion from Vancouver. First we were up and at 'em at about 6:00am when we walked our luggage to the underground Skytrain.  We made it to the airport in good time and I'm glad we did because it turns out you go through US Customs AT the Vancouver airport....which still seems a little strange to me but whatever...that all went without a hitch and the first flight on our little puny airplane was fairly painless...then we had hours to kill in Seattle. We decided to have a nice sit-down meal for lunch. As we sat and waited I took pictures out of the window.  (We also took a couple of each other).

Bill thought the Alaskan Airlines dude looked like Bob Marley--I think because he (=Bill) mistook his hood for dreadlocks...I still think he bears a slight resemblance to famed Russian author & Nobel prize winner Alexander Solzhenitszyn...he is of course supposed to be a Native Alaskan. We were less sure about the Bobcat - and Bill did not believe me when I said I had seen an "M" logo to go along with it--we could not think what school/university it was referring to. Turns out it was logo for the Montana State Bobcats...so I HAD indeed seen an "M"....

The rest of the day progressed uneventfully. We got home so late that Bill relented and we went to the McDonalds drive-thru to get a late dinner. We even got milkshakes, which, dare I say it...were quite good....I'm now paying the price for weeks of indulgent over-eating and am even contemplating going back on weight-watchers...if I do I'll do it on-line, which is an option. They have a new way of calculating the points. We'll see--maybe I can loose the weight without going back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment