Friday, April 8, 2011

91/365 Friday, 04/01/2011

So during the first night in the hotel I started feeling a bit sick--the back of my throat felt scratchy and a bit sore--sure enough all the hectic of traveling had caught up with me in the form of a cold--so I spent the rest of the conference feeling sometimes more and sometimes less under the weather.  Everything still went well-I had a nice lunch with a graduate student from my former graduate institution and I still went to panels after our own (which had gone well) but I remember feeling more and more woozy and congested as the day wore on.

I did not want to roam far for dinner so we went to the Chinese restaurant in the mall that was adjacent to our hotel (you could get there without going outside) where I was able to order this fantastic bowl of delicious hot&sour soup, which was just what the doctor ordered! Then it was back to the hotel room for an early night--seeing as I had to be up and at 'em by 8am the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment