Friday, April 8, 2011

90/365 Thursday, 03/31/2011

This is a statue of "Gassy Jack". No not THAT kind of gassy, but the windbag-likes to talk kind....it is to be found in what is today a touristy section of Vancouver called Gastown. Apparently it is where Vancouver "began"...

We had walked down and around the port of Vancouver (Burrard Inlet) and Canada place and then wandered over here. We then stopped for an early lunch at the Steamworks Brewing company. My seafood pizza was delish and Bill enjoyed his fish tacos.

After a bit more walking we went back to the hotel and rested a bit since we were still a bit tired from the flight. Eventually I went to register and to the welcome reception of the conference--where I was lucky enough to find everyone who had told me they would be there! It was fun. After that Bill and I found a nice Malaysian place where we had dinner. All in all a very nice first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment