Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We interrupt this photo blog with a thought I would like to get off my chest...

Perhaps it is just my own skewed view of the world but David Foster Wallace’s obsession with wondering about how to give “CPR to those elements of what’s human and magical that still live and glow despite the times’ darkness”  http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/03/09/090309fa_fact_max#ixzz1HQzGQb5L  seems to me to be a peculiarly AMERICAN one…I cannot fathom, just as an example, Elfirede Jelinek ever obsessing about the same thing… (although I could be wrong…)

1 comment:

  1. And I can't help wondering whether this obsession has anything to do with the fact that he is no longer with us, while Jelinek keeps on keeping on despite her decidedly dark view of humanity.

    ReplyDelete