Tuesday, March 1, 2011

57/365 Saturday, 02/26/2011

So now this is in the right place!

Saturday was busy--I had to get my computer repaired, and I wanted to look for clothes for two upcoming campus visits. (Did not find anything--hated all the clothes I saw at Kohl's, T.J.Maxx and Sears...which is all this little mall has-oh I guess there is a Target, maybe I should have gone there...oh well), plus food and catfood etc.. shopping...we made a pit stop at the "Alpha Koney Island" where I came upon this picture of a typical German cake. I did have to giggle a bit because  it is hardly "known as >Schwartawalder<--if you asked a German what a "Schwartawalder" is I'm sure they wouldn't have a clue...the actual name for this delicacy is: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte which in english is known as a Black Forest cake. If you click on the pictures you can see what this cake is supposed to look like--which isn't to say the one in the picture might not be quite yummy too. The main difference is that the german cake contains "Kirschwasser" a cherry liquor, that adds a punch to the flavor. I'll try and stake a piece out while I'm in Germany!!

No comments:

Post a Comment