Friday, January 28, 2011

25/365 Tuesday, 01/25/2011

Not a great shot-but I took it to show how close the train runs by our house (yes that can be noisy). Behind the train is a frat house (on the corner of the street). That too can be noisy at times (weekend nights during the school year). Other than that, considering how close we live to the college, I am pleasantly surprised by how little it affects our day-to-day-lives. I still use the library and it's nice to have a post-office so close.

Apparently the college has been shut-down until Monday due to a flu-outbreak! This never happened when I taught there, although there did seem to be outbreaks of flu now and then.

Even after all the stress/trauma of going through a grossly unfair position elimination & tenure-denial (last year) I have remained surprisingly healthy, which is something I try not to take for granted! (I remind myself that there really are many worse things that happen to people other than losing a job). I actually think that part of the reason for my basic physical health is the fact that I have for the first time in quite a while been sleeping regularly and for longer hours. I am simply not as worn out & frazzled as I remember often feeling during the semester. Even though I did the teaching quite willingly and usually joyfully (ok not always joyfully, but usually!)  I do remember finding it strangely exhausting. (=energy-sucking).  This post helped me understand why I might have felt this way...since if there's one thing I know for sure it's that I am a total (almost hermit-like) introvert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment