Wednesday, May 25, 2011

140/365 Friday, 05/20/2011

Bill and I decided to take a somewhat spontaneous road trip to the town and university where I will be living and working for the upcoming academic year, August 2011-May 2012.

This all happened very suddenly and unexpectedly, but in the end I'm happy I'll be working again and getting paid and benefits and all that good stuff...As I have mentioned elsewhere on this blog when all the sad/bad stuff went down in 2010 I made the decision to forgo the terminal year of teaching in order to more quickly gain some psychic distance to what happened. It was the right thing to do, but I'm glad I'll be teaching again in the fall. Our route took us almost due South right through Berne, Indiana--which happens to be home to a large Amish population.  I'm glad I was able to be discreet when I got this shot--it's kind of strange to be taking pictures of people just going about their business. Berne, Indiana is also interesting because of it's rather imposing clock tower which is a replica of one in the other Berne, the capital of Switzerland. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to haer about the job. Which mysterious Ohio university is it?

    ReplyDelete