Thursday, January 5, 2012

362/365: Wednesday, 12/28/2011

362/365: Wednesday, 12/28/2011 by cathie
362/365: Wednesday, 12/28/2011, a photo by cathie on Flickr.
I decided to buy this bottle of sherry because I had found out during the course of my genealogical studies that Joseph Charles Taylor, one of the founders of the Taylor port company, was my great great grandfather's uncle. My great great grandfather was Philpotts Taylor.The Taylor sherry says "New York" on it--I'm not sure there is any real connection between the two companies except the name. (The Taylor port is a bit pricey, whereas this sherry was cheap). The Taylor port website makes me want to visit the cellars in Porto. I'll add it to my ever-growing list of "genealogical" places I want to visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment